Cordless blenders are a portable tool to make drinks, shakes and juices everywhere. There are various brands and styles of cordless blenders being sold at reasonable prices.
A blender is a kitchen appliance used to grind and mix ingredients together. It can liquify some solid foods like fruits or vegetables, or turn them to puree. It also helps dissolve some foods to be better mixed with other ingredients when cooking.
A blender can also reduce some foods to bite sizes. For example, it can chop peanuts a bit before being mixed to soups or sauces. It can also crush cubes of ice, or dissolve it further into crushed ice.
A typical blender has a glass container where the ingredients to be processed is placed, a plastic lid to close during operation, blades at the bottom which actually process the foods, measuring gradients at the side, and a couple of buttons that set the speed. The speed controls the fineness or coarseness of the output. Generally, a higher speed will produce finer output while slower rotation will produce more controlled and coarse output.
The blades are run by a motor. The first blenders produced have motors that run on electricity. These have cords plugged into a power outlet. You can learn more about how a blender works here. However, preparing food in the kitchen can sometimes be messy.
And it is unavoidable sometimes to wet the working area. In this case, the cords can be quite a hassle, and pose some danger to accidents.
Recently, kitchen appliance manufacturers introduced cordless blenders. It does away with the hassle of power cords. Instead, it usually runs on batteries. The good thing about this is, it can be operated even on sudden power outages. And the batteries are conveniently rechargeable.
There are several cordless blenders coming out in the market these days. These machines combine easiness and mobility in making drinks. Without the hassle of cords, they can be used anywhere.
Here are some of the current popular cordless blenders that I found online:
- The CSB-44 Cordless Rechargeable Hand Blender is from Cuisinart. It has a contemporary style amidst being handheld and cordless. It is made from plastic material and comes in white design. Cuisinart is considered one of the leading manufacturers of kitchen appliances.
- The La Salsa Hand Blender has a contemporary design and handheld features. It has a dual speed motor capability as well as a capacity for mounting up to 21 containers. It has a white, plastic design. La Salsa is manufactured by Salton.
- The Blend Master Jr is also handheld, featuring the same contemporary style as with other similar blenders. It also has dual speeds as well as being motor-powered and cordless. It is also made of white plastic.
- The SmartStick Extendable Shaft CSB-55 Hand Blender is cordless, handheld and features a commercial style. It has the convenience of a 4-speed motor. It also has a plastic white design.
- The RoadPro Cordless Blender (RPSC-876) is powerful. It has a whopping 10,000 RPM motor capability excellent for mixing drinks and crushing ice. The batteries are conveniently rechargeable.
It is impact resistant, having 48 ounces of plastic carafe with increment markings and an easy pouring handle for superbly mixed drinks. Thus, its weight base secures the machine while being used. For easy clean-up, its two-piece lid is detachable.